You will require this licence if you are an individual or company that intends to import (and if approved, export) explosives and / or security sensitive dangerous substances. Security sensitive dangerous substances currently refers to security sensitive ammonium nitrate. Explosives include:
- Class 1 dangerous goods
- goods too dangerous to be transported
- articles or substances that, when manufactured, mixed, transported or assembled, can produce an explosive or pyrotechnic effect.
This licence authorises you to carry out the following activities in relation to explosives or security sensitive dangerous substances:
- import into NSW from another country
- supply (including exporting), at the premises (if any) specified in the licence
- purchase or possess for the purpose of importing from another country
- storing explosives at a premises.