You will require this licence if you intend to transport explosives and / or security sensitive dangerous substances by vehicle, vessel or aircraft.
Security sensitive dangerous substances currently refers to security sensitive ammonium nitrate. Explosives includes:
- Class 1 dangerous goods
- goods too dangerous to be transported
- articles or substances that, when manufactured, mixed, transported or assembled, can produce an explosive or pyrotechnic effect.
Specifically, this licence will allow you to:
- transport explosives or substances by vehicle, vessel or aircraft
- store at an approved premises the explosives or substances
- possess explosives or substances for the purpose of transporting.
Please be aware that you can only transport the products specified in the licence. Conditions will vary depending on the type of transport you will be using.
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information.