You will require this permit if you intend to hold a combat sport contest. Combat sport means any sport, material art or activity where the primary objective of each contestant is to strike, kick, hit, throw or punch one or more of the other contestants (e.g. boxing, kick boxing and martial arts).
A combat sport contest is a contest, display or exhibition of combat sport:
- to which the public are admitted on payment of a fee
- arranged or held on a for profit basis
- that is held on premises licensed under the Liquor Act 2007 or the Casino Control Act 1992
- where at least one of the combatants is competing for a monetary prize or other valuable reward
- that is prescribed by the regulations for the purposes of this definition.
but does not include a contest, display or exhibition excluded from this definition by the regulations.
There are three types of permits:
- professional permit
- amateur permit
- pro / am permit (involving both professional and amateur).
A permit may be issued for a single combat sport contest, or two or more combat sport contests, if the contests are held on the one occasion and at the same venue.
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information.