You will require this licence if you intend to carry on a business as a wine producer, brewer, distiller or a liquor wholesaler (for example, wine, cider, perry, mead, beer or spirits). For wine producers, brewers and distillers, this licence also allows tastings (with a charge if desired), retail sales, and direct sales to the public at liquor industry shows and farmers' markets or fairs.
Differences between licences include:
- producers are enabled to sell their own product to any person or company, and someone else's product to other licensed premises.
- wholesalers are able to sell someone else's products to other licensed premises only. If you intend to sell other peoples products to any person or company you should consider applying for a packaged liquor licence instead.
Please be aware that:
- you can apply as an individual or a corporation
- you can apply for a drink-on premises authorisation to allow liquor to be sold for consumption on your premises
- standard trading hours will apply but you can apply to extend trading hours.
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information.