If you intend to train horses for thoroughbred racing you will require a trainer licence. The type of licence you require will depend on your circumstances, the four categories of licence are:
- Trainer: you will require this licence if you intend to train thoroughbred horses for racing;
- Owner Trainer Permit: allows you to train and race thoroughbred horses that you own;
- Trainer Partnership: allows up to three people to train as a training partnership. If you intend to form a partnership you share all responsibilities, duties, obligations and rights provided by the Rules of Racing in relation to the training of racehorses; and
- Temporary Visiting Licence: If you are visiting from another state and intend to train a horse or horses for one month or such a period approved by the Agency.
Please be aware that:
- You are required to register any stablehands that you employ; and
- You must comply with the specified rules and your licence may be subject to conditions.
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information.